I.Z.O.R. aka Gear is a member of the Legion of Superheroes. Gear is a member of the Lisnarian who hale from the planet Lisnar, they are known galaxywide for their ability to generate gadgets from their techno-organic bodies. The species are hired as living tools, as was the case for Gear.
Gear was hired by the bounty hunter Pernisius to serve as a systems manager at Blackstar Juvenile Correctional Facility.
But once there, he found himself pressed into a slave-like servitude by the prison master. Gear kept his plans for revolt a secret until he encountered the Legionnaire, Sensor. Their plan was discovered, but when Gear's internal mechanics were tampered with, it activated an escape program the released all the prisoners from the facility.
When the Legion was decimated by an attack by the Blight, the Legion's financier R. J. Brande recruited Gear to help him build Legion World. This artificial planetoid served as the team's new headquarters. After this, Gear was regarded as a full-fledged Legionnaire.
Gear kept busy with duties on Legion World and worked closely with the Legion's Chief Engineer, Chuck Taine.
- Legion Flight Ring: All Legionnaires were presented with a flight ring that enabled them to defy gravity and sustain movement through the air by aerodynamically generating force.
- Since universe-247's destruction in the Infinite Crisis, Gear remains with that Legion wandering the multiverse.
- 33 Appearances of I.Z.O.R. (Post-Zero Hour)
- 2 Images featuring I.Z.O.R. (Post-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about I.Z.O.R. (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: I.Z.O.R. (Post-Zero Hour)
Legion of Super-Heroes member