The New God Iluthin was a student of Granny Goodness on Apokolips. Iluthin was accused of stealing weaponry from Darkseid's master assassin Kanto-13. Against the request of Kanto-13, young Iluthin was exiled from Apokolips to Earth during the Renaissance period. There, he trained under Italian teachers, and fell in love with a woman named Claudia. But Kanto-13 tracked him to Earth, and at the wedding altar, Kanto-13 attacked them, and killed Claudia. Iluthin and Kanto-13 battled, and in the end Darkseid's assassin was defeated. Darkseid himself came to Earth and destroyed Kanto-13 for failure, and Iluthin returned to Apokolips as Darkseid's new assassin Kanto.
When Mister Miracle came back to Apokolips, Kanto was one of the obstacles that he faced. Kanto dressed in a quasi-Renaissance fashion.
During Darkseid's attack on the Source, Kanto encountered Artemis of Bana-Mighdall, the one-time Wonder Woman, and defeated her in battle. During this fight it was inferred that Kanto was not only her former teacher but her former lover.
Some time later, a mysterious killer began systematically assassinating the New Gods. While Kanto busied himself spying on Orion, Mister Miracle and Superman, the assassin struck again, killing Kanto. Darkseid's son Kalibak discovered Kanto's remains.
- New God Physiology: As a New God of Apokolips, Kanto is effectively immortal with a lifeline spanning several thousands of years. This does not imply that Kanto cannot be killed however.
- Swordsmanship: Kanto is a master swordsman and fighter, and considers his work his art. He models himself after the people of the Italian Renaissance whom he lived among during exile. He remains in the service of the recently revived Darkseid, awaiting his next command.
- Stealth: Kanto is a master of stealth, being able to sneak up even on telepaths.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- It should be noted that of all the foes Mister Miracle faced while Jack Kirby worked on his titles, Kanto showed a sort of professional respect for Mister Miracle.
- 49 Appearances of Iluthin (New Earth)
- 20 Images featuring Iluthin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Iluthin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Iluthin (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Kanto (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.