The captives of the Killing House were forced to fight one another in order to maintain their energy and vitality. Impasse fought against a young warrior from Euphorix named Katydid. Katydid managed to avoid Impasse's rebounding attack, and directed the force towards another assailant named Brighteyes. Katydid disabled the symbiotic nerve center of the Killing House, and those trapped inside were no longer forced to fight one another. Impasse and the other captives agreed to remain on Tallgrass and use it as an outpost on behalf of the intergalactic freedom fighters known as the Omega Men.
- Antipathy: Impasse possesses the ability to absorb whatever force is directed towards him and return it to its point of origin at tenfold its original strength.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Character created by Joey Cavalieri and Alex Nino.
- 1 Appearances of Impasse (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Impasse (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Impasse (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Impasse (New Earth)