"Bart Saves the Universe": Extant tricks the Linear Men into saving the life of Dr. Garnet Edwards, who was supposed to die. But when he didn't die, he created a doomsday weapon that was tested in outer space and proved so powerful that it th
Impulse: Bart Saves the Universe #1 is a one-shot with a cover date of April, 1999.
Appearing in "Bart Saves the Universe"
- Max Mercury
- Linear Men
- Carol Bucklen
- Flash (Wally West)
- Helen Claiborne
- Flash (Barry Allen)
- Iris Allen
- Justice Society of America
- Guy Gardner
- The Ray
- Abin Sur
- Tornado Twins
Synopsis for "Bart Saves the Universe"
Extant tricks the Linear Men into saving the life of Dr. Garnet Edwards, who was supposed to die. But when he didn't die, he created a doomsday weapon that was tested in outer space and proved so powerful that it threw off the Earth's orbit just enough to create a world without Green Lantern, the Flash or Superman.
Because he's from the future, Impulse is immune to Extant's powers and is the only hero who recognizes the world has been changed. It's up to Bart to travel back in time and stop Extant.
- This issue was prestige-format one-shot special edition.
- Page 31 borrowed from All-Star Comics #7 by Gardner Fox with Sheldon Mayer.
- Publication design by Kim Grzybek.
- Christopher Priest thanked Mark Waid, Brian Augustyn, Dave Van Domelen, Greg Morrow, Grant Giandonato, Addie Blaustein, Mike Chary, Elayne Wechsler-Chaput, Sidne Gail Ward, Denise L. Voskuil-Marré, Max Chittister, Jerry Franke, Rick Jones, Kevin Maroney, Marc Singer and Hosun S. Lee.