"Dead Heat — Second Lap: Disaffected Youth": Bart Allen has a hard time adjusting to life without super-speed, and he has a very distracted day at school since he's worried about Max Mercury in the hospital. Bart even gets in a fight when so
- Figures. Even on your back, you're still the fastest man in the room.
- -- Johnny Quick
Appearing in "Dead Heat — Second Lap: Disaffected Youth"
- Superspeed ninjas
Synopsis for "Dead Heat — Second Lap: Disaffected Youth"
Bart Allen has a hard time adjusting to life without super-speed, and he has a very distracted day at school since he's worried about Max Mercury in the hospital. Bart even gets in a fight when some kids tease him about not caring about his uncle.
Meanwhile, Jay Garrick, Linda Park, Jenni Ognats, Iris Allen and Johnny Quick visit Max, who is recovering since he stored away some Speed Force energy. A couple of Savitar's disciples show up in the hospital to finish off the speedsters. Max transfers his energy to Johnny Quick so he can battle the ninjas.
Soon after, all the speedsters regain their full powers, and Bart arrives at the hospital just in time to save Max. They all figure that Wally West must have crippled Savitar's schemes, so Max, Jay, Johnny and Bart decide to head to Savitar's castle, leaving Jenni behind to protect Iris and Linda.
- The issue is titled "Second Lap," but it is the third part of Dead Heat.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Impulse Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Impulse series
Links and References
- Impulse biography page at Wikipedia
- Impulse series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Impulse series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Impulse biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Part I: Flash #108||Part II: Flash #109|
|Part III: Impulse #10||Part IV: Flash #110|
|Part V: Impulse #11||Part VI: Flash #111|