- I, as the last Thawne, will finally fulfill my family's legacy — by righting a wrong that has plagued my lineage for centuries!!
- — Inertia
Appearing in "Threats"
- Colbalt Blue (Malcolm Thawne) (Flashback only)
- Cobalt Blue (Chardaq Allen) (Flashback only)
- Professor Zoom (Flashback only)
- Thaddeus Thawne (Flashback only)
- Preston Lindsay
- Carol Bucklen
- Roland "Rolly"
- Mike Ringer
- Jeff Weber
- Flash (Barry Allen) (Flashback only)
- Flash (Wally West) (Flashback only)
- Mister Miracle (Flashback only)
- Lightray (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Threats"
Inertia battles Impulse across the world, explaining that he was created by Thaddeus Thawne with genetic material from Bart Allen. Inertia's growth was slowed down and carefully controlled in a tube to perfect his body and mind. Now that he's ready, Inertia plans to get revenge on all the Allens on behalf of all the Thawnes. Impulse is eventually able to gain the upper hand in the fight, so Inertia retreats by releasing Iris Allen. But once he returns to the future, Inertia says his mission was a complete success.
- This book was first published on August 11, 1999.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Impulse Vol 1 53 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Impulse series
- Images from Impulse Vol 1 53
- The Flash Recommended Reading