Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
* Indigo Energy Conduit: staffs and their own bodies channel the power of compassion for a variety of uses.
- Indigo Energy Conduit: staffs and their own bodies channel the power of compassion for a variety of uses.
- Emotional Spectrum Emulation: A power unique to the Tribe, the Indigo can emulate the other energies of the emotional spectrum when they are in close proximity to them. This ability has been shown to allow the wielder to copy the power of other lantern energies, the White spectrum's (the reasoning is unknown but assumed to be a limitation due to the extremity of the ring in question). The Indigo Tribe also channelled the Black light of Death to allow Hal Jordan to come back to life during the Blackest Event.
- Energy Projection: They can fire energy blasts.
- Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, they can fly at incredible speeds. Within a planetary atmosphere, an indigo tribal has been known to fly as fast as Mach 10 by creating an aerodynamic envelope around his body. Air friction is not a hindrance, since heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field. Towing others, usually within a bubble, his/her speed is limited to the twice the speed of sound or 1,440 mph. In space, an indigo tribal speed can be significantly greater and has been known to exceed lightspeed.
- Material Alteration: Characters recruited to the Corps have their clothing transformed into an Indigo Tribe uniform. If they do not already have one, they also receive a temporary Indigo Tribe Staff which vanishes when the ring is removed. The appearance of the uniform and staff is dependent on the individual.
- Wormholes & Spatial Warps: The indigo ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the them to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport.
- Teleportation: Indigo ring wielders are able to teleport across interstellar distances either individually or collectively.
- Inability to be traced: As the most elusive light in the emotional spectrum, the Indigo Lanterns cannot be easily traced by any means. Scar comments on her difficulty in finding the Indigo Tribe during the opening phases of Blackest Night, and Saint Walker assures Hal Jordan that the Justice League will be incapable of tracking down the whereabouts of the New Guardians since Indigo-1 teleported them away from Earth.
- Onboard Computer: Like other Power Rings, and Indigo Ring contains a basic AI that can communicate with other rings, scan the surrounding area, and interact verbally with the user.
- Limited Cellular Regeneration: They have a limited ability to to heal others during or after they feel great compassion. The compassion has to be genuine and the healing is only to the extent of the grief and minor aesthetics, major injuries have not been seen to be healed by any Indigo Lantern yet. It is unknown if the Indigo Tribe can heal itself or if they must feel compassion to do so.
- Inability to be translated: The power ring can translate virtually any language in the universe, facilitating diplomatic encounters rather than violent confrontations; however, the Indigos speak in a language not recognized by other lantern rings, making them an enigma.
- Exorcism: The Green Lantern twins Jenny and Jason Allen had used the spectrum light of Compassion in order to dispel and contain a powerful dark malignancy that filled others with hate and bile, compelling them to fight, murder, and commit all kinds of atrocities.
- Energy Constructs: Although Indigo Lanterns do not usually use constructs, John Stewart managed to produce some when he wore the ring. He found them significantly inferior to the constructs of other rings.
Links and References
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2) #60
- Blackest Night #6
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) #67
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2) #59
- Blackest Night #8
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #10
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) #65
- Sinestro #7
- New Guardians #6
- Blackest Night #3
- Justice League (Volume 3) #29
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #9