Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Inertia is a twisted clone of Bart Allen from the future.
Inertia was a clone of Bart Allen from the future and had done horrible crimes before the Flashpoint, but was lost in the Speed Force sometime after the timeline shift happened. Eobard Thawne struck a deal to get him and help him take over Bart Allen's body to pose as the new Kid Flash, if he stopped Barry Allen once he was trapped inside the Speed Force after Eobard took over his body to pose as the Flash.
As planned, Inertia suddenly attacked Barry, when he was trapped. Barry however refused to fight since he saw him as a kid in a pain, telling him he doesn't have to be like Thawne and that he can make his own path, to which Thaddeus responded by going away, wishing Barry good luck on fighting the Legion of Zoom and saying that if they weren't all in the wrong vibrational frequency, he'd join them in fighting the Flash Family.
Powers and Abilities
- Localized Chronokinesis: Thaddeus has the ability to alter time relative to himself, as opposed to utilizing the Speed Force much like Zoom. Rather than using the Speed Force Like most of the DC Universe speedsters do, he can apparently use this ability to move at "speeds" rivaling those of even Wally West, fastest of the Flashes, and usually, "faster" than the speeds that even Wally can muster in most cases. Since Thaddeus isn't actually moving at super speed (rather, he is greatly slowing down time relative to himself), he can make himself so "fast" that even most of the Flashes look to him to be moving in slow motion. The temporal nature of his speed allows him to avoid the usual problems encountered by other Flash-type speedsters (friction, seeing and hearing at such near-light speeds, etc.), whose automatic and unconscious use of the Speed Force overcomes those problems. As he is moving at a normal velocity, and the rest of the world is "slow", those hindrances simply do not affect him. This aspect also means that he is unable to become intangible like other speedsters can by vibrating their molecules at certain frequencies, giving them a distinct advantage. He can use his manipulation of time to speed up the molecules of an object or being causing them to vibrate till they explode. He also has the power to steal someone else's personal time by pushing them backwards down their own timeline.
- Inertia was created by Todd Dezago and Mike Wieringo, first appearing in Impulse #50. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Inertia first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Flash #760 by Joshua Williamson and Scott Kolins.
- 1 Appearances of Inertia (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Inertia (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Inertia (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Inertia (Prime Earth)