"Chapter Thirteen": On Earth-19, Lex Luthor arrives at Gotham City's Arkham Asylum and tells his driver Mercy Graves that it will take him a while. The doctors of the asylum welcome him and state preparations have been made for what he needs to do. Doctor Arkham assures that his desired inmate i
Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #13 is a chapter in the digital-first series Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse (Volume 1 (Digital)) with a cover date of August, 2014.
Synopsis for "Chapter Thirteen"
On Earth-19, Lex Luthor arrives at Gotham City's Arkham Asylum and tells his driver Mercy Graves that it will take him a while. The doctors of the asylum welcome him and state preparations have been made for what he needs to do. Doctor Arkham assures that his desired inmate is open to talking to him and adds that he is reading fortune through cards. Luthor soon enters a cell with the Joker, who states that he wasn't expecting him. Lex assures he won't take too much of his time, but he states that time is the only thing he has in abundance. As Lex tries to get to the point, Joker asks him about the state of his industrial empire and bemuses how he is about to finish off their gaslight era, by using galvanic power as a source.
Joker then questions Lex if he will conquer other worlds after conquering this one, leaving him uneasy as he had come to gain his insight on a similar topic. As Joker states that he knows nothing of other worlds, Lex questions if he is playing him, with Joker responding he is only playing with cards. Lex then reveals that a woman named Harbinger had visited him earlier, requesting his assistance against a threat endangering the multiverse, which consists of multiple universes, but he had her thrown out. She was later found dead in Gotham and he decided to investigate, since he had found devices on her during their earlier meeting, and they were far advanced far beyond the technology of their own world. He soon came upon an energy signature from another reality near the scene of her murder and realized the universe may truly be in peril.
Joker tells Lex that he's worried about not being able to rule anything if the threat comes to pass and upon asking why he is asking him, gets told that since he is insane, unlike sane people he wouldn't reject the notion of a multiversal threat. Joker then reasons it's probable that Harbinger was truthful, but he wouldn't help her, since they'll lose anyway and it's better to use the time to create mayhem. Lex angrily tells Joker that he is disappointed in him, calling him both insane and a nihilist, but he won't let the world die as he wants to rule. Going back to his car, he is shown images of a monster attacking Star City by Graves. Lex thus realizes that Harbinger was right and orders his driver to quickly take him back to Metropolis.
Appearing in "Chapter Thirteen"
- Gaslight Lex Luthor (First appearance)
- Gaslight Joker (First appearance)
- Mercy Graves (Earth-19) (First appearance)
- A monster from Earth-13 (On a TV or computer screen)
- Atlanteans (On a TV or computer screen)
- Dr. Arkham (Earth-19) (First appearance)
- United States Air Force (On a TV or computer screen)
- King Arthur (Earth-19) (Mentioned only)
- Harbinger (Mentioned only)
- Hugo Gernsback (Mentioned only)
- Shayera Hol (Earth-19) (Mentioned only)
- This issue is reprinted in Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #5 and Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse Vol 1 13 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse series
Links and References
- No external links.