"Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 11": Aquaman is seen underwater being circled by three whales, who are asking him to protect them. Above the water, Wonder Woman is commanding Green Lantern to move the ships to safety and Hawkgirl to get the sailors to safety. Before she can talk to Shazam, A
- You can't possibly understand what he took. He stole the life Lois and I would have had together. Our child. And more. There was going to be someone else like me in the world. Another Kryptonian. Someone who would have made me feel less alone. And I would have loved that child more than anything. I already did.
- — Superman
Appearing in "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 11"
- Justice League
- Injustice: The Regime
Synopsis for "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 11"
Aquaman is seen underwater being circled by three whales, who are asking him to protect them. Above the water, Wonder Woman is commanding Green Lantern to move the ships to safety and Hawkgirl to get the sailors to safety. Before she can talk to Shazam, Aquaman pulls her underneath the water.
Back in the Batcave, Superman says that Batman loved the game he played with the Joker, and that Bruce was angry at him for taking The Joker from him. Bruce says that isn't true, but Clark angrily asks Bruce why he allowed The Joker to kill his wife and destroy his city.
Underwater, Shazam rescues Diana and lifts Orin into the air. Billy asks Aquaman to call off his army, to which Aquaman replies "The sea is deep and full of secrets." The waves begin to rumble as Aquaman asks Billy if only the surface world can have weapons of mass destruction.
Superman says Bruce can never understand what The Joker took from him, and that Clark would finally have had another Kryptonian to make him feel "less alone." It's revealed that Nightwing and Robin have been hiding in the rafters above Batman's computer as Superman says that he is ignoring the two boys who also had many friends die in Metropolis. He asks Bruce what his excuse is for not being a father. Batman responds by punching Superman in his chest.
Shazam sees the Atlantean army retreating, with Aquaman saying that they are getting as far away as possible. Green Lantern sees a tsunami approaching, but Hawkgirl notices something past it. Billy asks Orin what is coming, to which he mocks Billy's wisdom of Solomon.
Superman forces Batman to show him his hand, revealing a hairline fracture. Batman receives an alert concerning the situation in the Pacific Ocean. Superman leaves and asks Batman to come with him. Before denying, Bruce says that Clark was always "a better man" than he was. As Superman leaves the Batcave, he passes Alfred who asks Clark if he is staying for tea, to which he says he is not. Additionally, he asks Alfred not to call him "Master." Alfred simply replies: "Good. Let's remember that."
The situation on the Pacific worsens as the waves impede Hal Jordan's efforts to get the whaling ships to safety. The Kraken appears and destroys Green Lantern's energy construct, sending the ships into the sea.
- This Chapter is published in print in Injustice: Gods Among Us #4.
- When Superman comments on his being the only Kryptonian, he indirectly implies that characters such as Superboy, Supergirl and Krypto never existed in this universe.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 11 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Injustice: Gods Among Us series
Links and References
- No external links.