"Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 18": Batman and Catwoman are seen sitting on the edge of a building, with the Batsignal in the sky. Selina comments how she doesn't usually head towards police stations as the Gotham City Police Department comes into view. When Bruce and Selina touch down,
Appearing in "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 18"
- Aquaman (Orin) (Joins team)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Joins team)
- Batwoman (Katherine Kane) (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Black Canary (Dinah Lance) (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce) (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Captain Atom (Nathaniel Adam) (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Catwoman (Selina Kyle) (Joins team)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) (Joins team)
- Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Martian Manhunter (First appearance) (Joins team) (Only his speech bubbles and shadow are seen)
- President of the United States
- Justice League
- Commissioner Gordon (Mentioned only)
- Nightwing (Richard Grayson) (Mentioned only)
- Trigon (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Injustice: The Regime
- Outer Space, above Russia
Synopsis for "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 18"
Batman and Catwoman are seen sitting on the edge of a building, with the Batsignal in the sky. Selina comments how she doesn't usually head towards police stations as the Gotham City Police Department comes into view. When Bruce and Selina touch down, it is revealed that the President of the USA lit the Batsignal, and not Commissioner Gordon as Bruce had thought.
Batman, Catwoman and the President descend into a room completely sealed off to Superman's senses. When he tries to say he's sorry for Nightwing's death, Catwoman recommends he choose a different topic. The President comments that Kal wouldn't be interested anyways, seeing as two communication satellites have "mysteriously" fallen out of orbit towards Russia.
The President shows Bruce and Selina videos of the Justice League's interference with world affairs, including forced peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine, Wonder Woman's appearance in Burma, the defense of Syria by Green Lantern and Shazam, and Raven terrifying the nomadic tribes of Sudan into submission.
The three discuss the effects of their efforts, but deduce that they will not amount to anything if the League cannot enforce what they have done. The President gets to the point: he needs Batman to take Superman down. Bruce says that he could do it, if absolutely necessary. However, Bruce and Selina turn the tables on the President when they confront him over his lackluster job as a President. When they list things that he needs to do better, the President accuses them of being like their League counterparts. Selina says "We're not telling you what to do. We're asking you to do better."
The President says that he'll try, and gives Batman a list of super heroes who have not aligned themselves with Superman's regime. "We think there's probably a reason," he adds. Selina laughs at some of the facts listed on their files. Bruce takes the East Coast while Selina takes the West.
Catwoman is seen with Black Canary, discussing some of the highlights of her file as Dinah subdues several thugs with martial arts and her Canary Call. Batman goes to Black Lightning to enlist his aide; he was working on finding housing for survivors of Metropolis, and those people who were away from the city at the time.
The next day, Batman is seeing talking with Martian Manhunter, who chooses to remain hidden. The rest of the Insurgents enter the Batcave, with Ollie mentioning how he's only listening; he hasn't signed up for anything yet.
When Batman says "You know why you're here," Nathaniel asks what their plan of attack is.
- This Chapter is published in print in Injustice: Gods Among Us #6.
- This is the only time that Aquaman is seen among the Insurgents; it is uncertain what happens to his status as an Insurgent between this point in time and the events of the video game, save the treaty that he had been working on.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 18 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Injustice: Gods Among Us series
Links and References
- No external links.