"Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 1": A sullen Batman reflects that crime in Gotham has been silenced but not by justice as much as by fear. Fear of Superman, who is the dictatorial ruler of the world, reigns.
- Gotham has fallen silent. The night is no longer broken by the sound of crime. Children are no longer woken by the sudden crack of a gunshot. There are no more cries in the darkness. No tires screech as wailing sirens chase desperate men and women through narrow streets. In a way, it is the Gotham I always dreamed of. But this is no dream. This is a perversion. This is a nightmare.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 1 (Digital) is a chapter in the digital-first series Injustice: Gods Among Us (Volume 1 (Digital)) published in 2013.
Appearing in "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 1"
Synopsis for "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 1"
A sullen Batman reflects that crime in Gotham has been silenced but not by justice as much as by fear. Fear of Superman, who is the dictatorial ruler of the world, reigns.
Five years ago, Clark Kent, also known as Kal-El, Superman, is awoken in the middle of the night to the first sound of two hearts beating inside his wife, Lois Lane - hers and their growing baby's. Lois and Clark embrace in the joy of this discovery when Lois receives an anonymous tip about a crooked councilman taking a pay-off and prepares to leave. Clark offers to join her but she refuses, insisting it isn't necessary. The couple separately depart on their respective routine as hero and journalist.
As Superman, he finds Batman already in Metropolis while on his way to S.T.A.R. Labs and in the middle of a fight with some street toughs. Superman proposes a rooftop rendezvous and telling Batman about his recent news; in which Batman has figured it out already - he can see the fear and joy all over his friend's face. Batman is asked by his friend as the baby's godfather.
Meanwhile, Lois and Jimmy Olsen are at the docks and are on the lookout for their councilman. Jimmy gets his camera ready, but he is suddenly shot dead by the Joker.
- This Chapter is published in print in Injustice: Gods Among Us #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 1 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Injustice: Gods Among Us series
Links and References
- No external links.