"Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 24": Cyborg and Green Lantern are talking, both in desperate need of backup. Barry chimes in, saying Batman and the Insurgents are definitely helping out but that their hands are full with the demons as well. Green Arrow and Black Canary are seen fighting back
- I'm suggesting we don't hold back. I'm suggesting we don't let innocent people die while we handle these invaders with kid gloves.: Superman (Kal-El)
- You want to kill them?: The Flash (Barry Allen)
- No. But nor do I want to worry about their lives more than those they're killing.
All around the world. Every second. They're slaughtering people. Every second we spend trying to incapacitate or restrain these murders more people will die.: Superman (Kal-El)
- I think you've already made up your mind. You didn't come to talk to me. You came to me for permission to kill.
I'm sorry, Superman. I can't give it to you.: The Flash (Barry Allen)
Appearing in "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 24"
- Justice League
Synopsis for "Injustice: Gods Among Us - Chapter 24"
Cyborg and Green Lantern are talking, both in desperate need of backup. Barry chimes in, saying Batman and the Insurgents are definitely helping out but that their hands are full with the demons as well. Green Arrow and Black Canary are seen fighting back a horde of demons who threaten to overwhelm them.
Superman confronts Kalibak one last time, who exclaims his disbelief that Superman could ever do that. In his rage, Superman punches Kalibak to death.
Kal confronts Barry in super-speed, saying how if Kal were to talk with anyone else, countless people would die in the time it took to talk to them. Kal suggests that they need to stop saving the lives of their enemies at the expense of the people they're trying to protect. He says he doesn't want to hold back anymore, and that he doesn't want to handle enemies like Kalibak with "kid gloves". Barry says that he cannot give Kal permission to kill them, but that there is no other option to save the Earth than to do so.
Kal flies high above the Earth, charges his heat vision and flies back to Earth. He vaporizes hordes of Apokolips demons into ash, saving the lives of countless citizens of Earth, including Green Arrow and Black Canary. Batman and Batwoman are seen fighting the armies in Gotham, but they are all vaporized as well. Superman touches back down in Paris, where a mob of people from the speech are still standing. They chant Superman's name as Lex holds Kal's hand in the air.
- This Chapter is published in print in Injustice: Gods Among Us #8.
- This issue is continued chronologically in Injustice: Gods Among Us Annual #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 24 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Injustice: Gods Among Us series
Links and References
- No external links.