Io is an Amazon armorer.
She was a skilled weaponsmith. She was in love with Diana, which went unreciprocated.
When Hunter Zolomon invaded Themyscira, he punched Io two hundred times in under one second to anger Diana. She told Zolomon that she would not survive another 200, and that it would kill her. She has stated earlier that Hunter punched harder than Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Io possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Io stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- 17 Appearances of Io (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Io (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Io (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Io (New Earth)