- Should we or the Corps ever be destroyed again, it is within you to bring about our rebirth. You are truly our Torch Bearer.
Synopsis for "Torch Bearer, Part VI of VI"
Ion brings the captured Alexander Nero back to Oa. Garmin Vid and Torquemada meet him outside of the Guardians citadel. Garmin is back to full health, and nobody blames Kyle for the apparent attack against the Corps.
Kyle brings Nero before the Guardians. He asks them some pointed questions, not the least of which is why the Guardians refused to let anyone from the Corps lend him assistance. The Guardians reiterate the fact that Kyle is now the Torch Bearer – a position that he may not yet be ready to accept. The Guardians warn him that there is another force at work in the universe – one that the Guardians know very little about.
Ion flies back to Earth to the artist colony at Kaaterskill's Notch. He finds the Thanagarian bounty hunter, Tarra Karn, ready to kill Marissa Rochelle. Kyle easily apprehends Tarra and uses his ring to slingshot her starship back towards Thanagarian space.
Upon entering his temporary home, he finds a mysterious stranger standing before him, declaring, "You're supposed to be dead."
Appearing in "Torch Bearer, Part VI of VI"
- Reference is made to Radu Stancu in this issue.
- This issue is reprinted in the Ion: The Torchbearer collection.
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lantern (Volume 6)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- The Green Lantern: Season Two (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)