Iphthime is an Amazon sculptor.
Iphthime was in a relationship with Anaya of the Bana. Despite this, she joined Aella's hardliners. When a bombing led to Anaya being injured, Anaya broke off their relationship as she could no longer trust Iphthime.
After the Civil War, Iphthime hoped to rekindle their relationship, but Anaya did not respond. She was remanded to custody for her involvement in the Civil War until Imperiex's invasion. Anaya freed all prisoners as they needed the troops in battle.
Powers and Abilities
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Iphthime possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Iphthime stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Iphthime was listed as deceased in the DC Encyclopedia, though she never died on panel.
- 15 Appearances of Iphthime (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Iphthime (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Iphthime (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Iphthime (New Earth)