Ira Selby was an enemy of Green Lantern.
In 1927, Ira Selby was a genius child who graduated from Hale University at the age of 11... but after that, his luck did not help him. He just could not be able to get a job, even after years. Angry because he was now penniless and Hale became famous and prosperous because of him, Selby got a job as a janitor at the university and used disguises to commit crimes there. Green Lantern, at request of one of his former professors, came to Hale University to investigate the crimes. He managed to discover Selby's disguise and the nature of his actions. Selby tried to blow up the university with a cyclotron which he turned into an atomic bomb, but Green Lantern was able to revert the bomb to a cyclotron again with his power ring before the explosion. Alan arrested Selby, but the Professor Daly promised to give him a professorship in Hale after his release.
- Genius Level Intellect: Graduate at age of 11.
- This version of Ira Selby, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Ira Selby (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Ira Selby (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Ira Selby (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Ira Selby (Earth-Two)
- 20 years before 1947, Ira's first appearance in comics.
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."