In the 1940s, Irene Miller worked as a secretary for the Apex Broadcasting Company in Gotham City. She worked under engineer Alan Scott whom she was secretly in love with. Although Irene never suspected that Alan was also the Mystery Man known as the Green Lantern, she often shared in many of the Lantern's adventures.
Irene first met Alan Scott at the 1939-1940 New York World's Fair. She was distressed over the fact that a local gangster named Murdock framed her brother Danny for a crime he didn't commit. Danny Miller was once part of Murdock's gang, but quit the organization when he decided to go straight. Murdock's thugs clubbed Danny over the head, poured whiskey over his body, then placed him inside of his vehicle, which was summarily used to run down an innocent woman, killing her. Danny was sent to prison for manslaughter. Irene was so distraught over this incident, that she went to Murdock's restaurant the Condor Cafe on the New York Fairgrounds with the intent of shooting him. Alan Scott happened to be present and stopped Irene from shooting him in cold blood. After hearing Irene's tear-filled story, Alan decided to take matters into his own hands as the Green Lantern. He brought Murdock's crew to justice and Danny Miller was exonerated.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Irene Miller once owned a race horse named "Jersey Queen". 
- 39 Appearances of Irene Miller (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Irene Miller (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Irene Miller (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Irene Miller (New Earth)