Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
An instant before the Flashpoint altered reality, Irey and her twin brother Jai were sucked into the Dark Multiverse by a tide of dark matter. Wally attempted to save them but was too late. Ten years were removed from history, which included Jai and Irey’s birth, and all memory of them was erased. Wally himself was lost in the Speed Force immediately after and Linda forgot both him and her children.
Irey and Jai were trapped on a planet in the Dark Multiverse created from their father’s fear that he would never see his family again. Wally eventually found his children, only to learn that he couldn't destroy the planet on his own. He agreed to join with the Mobius Chair to save the Multiverse in exchange for Tempus Fuginaut to take Irey and Jai to Earth 0. He integrated them into Earth 0's history and they were reunited with Linda, who had her memories of her family restored.
Legion of Zoom
She and her brother later answered Max Mercury's call from the Speed Force to help him and the Flash Family battle the Legion of Zoom. Irey had a brief exchange with Bart Allen, who accused the other of stealing the Impulse identity. The younger members of the Flash Family figured out that if they disrupt the time-displaced villains' frequencies, they would return to their proper times without any memories of their time among the Legion.
Linda, Jai and Irey took refuge in the Speed Force alongside the rest of the Flash Family when The Batman Who Laughs remade the world in his image. They briefly reunited with Wally when he took the Mobius Chair into the Speed Force to keep it out of The Batman Who Laughs’ clutches.
After the events of Dark Nights: Death Metal, the Park-West family began to rebuild their lives. Jai and Irey were traumatised by their experiences and had recurring nightmares, but these subsided as the family gradually returned to normal. Wally began to teach Jai and Irey about being a superhero, although he was reluctant to let them in the field, even confiscating Irey's Impulse costume.
Wally took Irey to Terrifictech's Daddy-Daughter Dance, but they arrived to find all the other attendees unconscious. A disgruntled former employee called "Doctor Nightmare" had attacked the dance with sleeping gas and a helmet which allowed him to make nightmares real. He used the attendee's nightmares to rob the vault where Mister Terrific kept the research he considered too dangerous to release. Due to their super-accelerated metabolism, Wally and Irey were not put to sleep by the gas but were unable to use their powers. Wally told Irey to stay in the car while he stopped Doctor Nightmare but she convinced him to let her help and stole the helmet while Wally was still deciding what to do. Nightmare noticed what she was doing and they were forced to flee and hide in a storage closet from the nightmares. Irey suggested she could use the helmet to bring her dreams to life and fight them. Wally sang her a lullaby and she fell asleep, bringing her dreams to life: a human-sized soldier girl action figure, a two-headed bunny, a robot lion, a panda with a mirror in its torso and a gummy dog. They fought off the nightmares and Wally knocked out Doctor Nightmare. Wally took her home as it was late but with their powers restored they stopped off in Paris to dance in front of the Eiffel Tower.
In a possible future glimpsed by Doctor Manhattan, Irey joined the Flash Family and became a full fledged superhero as the new Kid Flash. Following an adventure where he became a disembodied consciousness within the Force and began jumping into the bodies of other speedsters across time and alternate realities, Wally West informed his children that he would one day hop into Jai's body. Twenty years after the adventure, Wally fulfilled his prophecy and became Jai, where Irey was waiting for him. She told Wally that his family were safe and happy in the future and that she was happily married. Iris also revealed that she and Jai had grown up to be superheroes themselves.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Iris possesses a connection to the Speed Force, a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of Iris's physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, Iris has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances Iris's senses, allowing her to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Iris can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate her molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing her to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around Iris and whatever She is carrying, protecting her from adverse effects of her speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants Iris with a great increase of stamina, allowing her to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants Iris with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that Iris possesses derives from her speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: Iris's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows her to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with her enhanced senses, Iris's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing her to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Iris is able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating her extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Toxic Immunity: Due to her accelerated physiology, Iris has a superhuman metabolism which grants her significant resistance to drugs and other toxins.
- Science: Iris possesses a level of scientific knowledge and understanding beyond most children her age.
- Iris West II was created by Mark Waid and Alex Ross, first appearing in Kingdom Come #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Iris West II first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Flash Forward #2 by Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth.
- When she grows up, Irey will be the most powerful speedster ever.
- 16 Appearances of Iris West II (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Iris West II (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Iris West II (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Iris West II (Prime Earth)
- Flash Forward #4–Flash Forward #6
- Flash Forward #1–Flash Forward #6
- The Flash #761
- Dark Nights: Death Metal Speed Metal #1
- The Flash #768
- The Flash #774
- Doomsday Clock #12
- The Flash #771
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
- Flash Forward #6
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.