Ivar is the son of a brief romance between Harald and Sigrid, daughter of Hagbard. His grandfather ordered his seta (upper house woman) to abandon the baby to the wolves. The small Ivar was saved by Kol the wise who raised as his son. Hagbard commanded Sigrid to marry Jarl-Eirik. During the wedding feast, Bear-sarks invaded the festivity, slaying several guests and their leader carried Sigrid with him. Years later, after grew to manhood and versed on the arts of war, Ivar fights the Bear-sarks and route them - but not before his adoptive father Kol was killed in battle. With Kol's death, Ivar becomes the new king of his Viking clan. After some time, a fleet commanded by Ivar went to a unknown country, where they have problems with Bear-sarks again. In this time they captured Djorg and his wife Sundgrid. The couple invokes the anger of Thor upon the Vikings - and a heavy storm overtaken the fleet. Sundgrid taken a dove - killed during the storm - and removing the horns in Ivar's cap, replaced them with dove wings. After she placed the winged helmet on Ivar's head, the storm ceased.
- This version of Ivar, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Ivar was the protagonist of a feature named "The Vikings" in New Comics/New Adventure Comics.
- Under Scandinavian naming conventions, Ivar's full name was probably "Ivar Haraldson". However, this is not established in the stories themselves.
- 23 Appearances of Ivar (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Ivar (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Ivar (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Ivar (Earth-Two)