Izanami is one of the gods of Ancient Japan.
She allied herself with several underworld gods such as Ahriman and Morrigan into converting Superman into an agent under their control. To sway him, Izanami impersonated a journalism student with a minor in mythology named Kiki Bones and transformed Lois Lane to a goddess, but Lois managed to break the facade the gods were concealing themselves behind. Superman defeated the gods afterward, but Lois lost her godly powers afterward. Izanami also had a brief fling with Lucifer Morningstar, which produced a son, Takehiko. The two then attempted to take over hell, going to war with Mazikeen for the throne. They thought they had succeeded, when the ghost of Takehiko's girlfriend had pretended to double cross Mazikeen and "killed" her in front of the Lilim. The ghost was actually on the side of Mazikeen all along and they had killed a decoy. Mazikeen then emerged victorious and Izanami and Takehiko were sentenced to eternal torture in Hell.
Powers and Abilities
- This character is an adaptation of Izanami, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 9 Appearances of Izanami (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Izanami (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Izanami (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Izanami (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."