He was stranded on Earth. Though he had never done anything wrong, J'onn found himself on the run from the Department of Extranormal Operations and their leader, Hank Henshaw. Henshaw had grown obsessed with capturing every alien he discovered, innocent or guilty. Cornered, J'onn was saved by DEO agent Jeremiah Danvers, who gave his life to stop Henshaw. Jeremiah's dying request was for J'onn to look after his daughters, which J'onn fulfilled by shifting into a double of Henshaw and psychically copying his personality to become the head of the DEO.
- Martian Physiology
- Superhuman Strength: According to Superman, J'onn is much strong than him. Due to not wishing to kill, J'onn holds back when dealing with physically weaker beings. However, if an opponent can take the hit, J'onn uses his full strength.
- Metamorphosis: J'onn is capable of taking whatever form he wishes, electing to remain in Hank Henshaw's form at all times when not in combat or flying, as he feels it helps others feel at ease around him. He can flawlessly take the form of other people, mimicking their voices, retina, and finger prints.
- Telepathy: J'onn's primarily used ability. His eyes glow red when using this. He is capable of searching for a specific mind in a crowd within moments. He is also able to meddle with memories and enter the minds of others if necessary.
- Multilingualism: J'onn can speak his native Martian and English. Presumably, he can learn language through telepathy.
- Fire: J'onn can be badly hurt by fire. The heat from fire can also undo his shape-shifting. Due to watching the holocaust on Mars, J'onn developed a deep fear of fire and becomes paralyzed at the sight of it.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Supergirl, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of J'onn J'onzz. The original character was created by Joe Samachson and Joe Certa and first appeared in Detective Comics #255.
- J'onn J'onzz/Hank Henshaw is portrayed by David Harewood. Throughout the series, the character has defaulted to using the appearance of Henshaw. This is due to the story elements of him attempting to blend in and the cost of the CGI used for the character's Martian form.
- J'onn was born ca. 1699.
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (Arrow: Earth-38)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (Arrow: Earth-38)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (Arrow: Earth-38)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (Arrow: Earth-38)
Superman Family member