Savage used J'onn's telepathic powers to manipulate his enemies, control people and even divine the future. The torture J'onn was subjected to eventually resulted in him going mad and he was left imprisoned in Savage's laboratory.
A weakening of the barriers between dimensions allowed J'onn to reach out and telepathically contact another version of himself in another world and call him to Earth-X. He also sensed the source of the disturbances. The other J'onn J'onzz was a member of a team called the Justice Alliance, whose leader Superman had been brought to Earth-X by the disturbances. Superman, along with the Freedom Fighters and another Superman managed to breach Savage's fortress and capture him. J’onn telepathically called the two Supermen to the laboratory and they freed him from his prison.
He thanked the two Supermen for allowing him to again touch the minds of kind people and asked them to carry him to the courtyard, where the Alliance had arrived. J'onn transferred his knowledge of the source of the disturbances to his counterpart and finally died.
Powers and Abilities
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Strength: Martians possess vast levels of superhuman strength and are among the few races that are able to match Kryptonians in terms of raw strength. Martians can easily shatter reinforced concrete and steel, lift and carry houndreds of tons with ease and deliver incredible damage with their blows.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability: Martians possess high levels of durability that make them nigh-invulnerable to all forms of damage. Martians can withstand high caliber bullets, powerful energy blast and kinetic impacts without suffering damage.
- Superhuman Speed: Martians can process thoughts, move, and react at incredible speed, being able to cover vast distances in little or no time, catch bullets in mid flight, run on water and create afterimages as they run.
- Regeneration: Martians have powerful regenerative powers that enable them to regenerate their entire body from a severed limb, they can furtherly enhance their regenerative powers by drawing mass from nearby sources.
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Heat Vision
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Telekinesis: Martians have mind-over-matter abilities and can lift and move objects with their minds. They can also employ their telekinesis in offensive way by discharging telekinetic blasts capable of great concussive power.
- Power Instability: The torture Savage subjected J'onn to left him unable to hold a single shape for very long and only with great effort.
- Vulnerability to Fire
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (DCAU: Earth-X)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (DCAU: Earth-X)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (DCAU: Earth-X)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (DCAU: Earth-X)
- Justice League Infinity #5
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 4) #1
- Detective Comics #225
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 4) #2
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) #3
- JLA #3
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #3
- DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Who's Who: Update '88 #2
- Martian Manhunter #4
- Detective Comics #226
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) #8