In the midst of the Anti-Life Virus outbreak, Martian Manhunter met with Superman and the rest of the surviving Justice League, offering a solution to where the heroes may be able send the wandering survivors to, away from the Anti-Living. He suggested Kahndaq, the secluded nation ruled by their on-and-off enemy Black Adam, as a refuge for the survivors they've rescued. Manhunter went to Kahndaq with Superman and Wonder Woman to personally ask for Black Adam's help on making Kahndaq a nation of refuge for survivors, though the latter bitterly rejected the heroes' request, much to their dismay.
At some point during the battle against the Anti-Living Army, Martian Manhunter became infected by the virus after the infected Black Adam had scratched his torso. Feeling the symptoms of the infection and knowing what he was about to become, Manhunter immediately phased himself into the ocean seabed in hopes of saving his allies and the survivors from his state of infection, much to their dismay to lose him. However, under the influence of the corrupted Anti-Life Equation, Manhunter would eventually end up tracking down the Fortress of Solitude, which became a temporary safe place for some survivors, including some of his former teammates. Using his powers of invisibility combined with telepathic assault to rasp every survivor's hearing, the infected Manhunter was able to infiltrate the Solitude with ease as intends to infect every one inside. In his assault, the infected Manhunter swiftly strikes Lex Luthor, tearing him in half. Manhunter then proceeds to slash the Flash from behind, effectively infecting the speedster. Manhunter's attack was finally thwarted by Firestorm, who killed the infected Martian by blasting him with his greatest weakness: fire, burning Martian Manhunter to death.
Powers and Abilities
- Zombie Physiology
- Martian Physiology
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human.
- Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) was created by Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa, first appearing in Detective Comics #225. However, the DCeased version of Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) first appeared in DCeased #5 by Tom Taylor and Trevor Hairsine.
- Martian Manhunter Recommended Reading
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #225– #326
- House of Mystery (Volume 1): House of Mystery #143– #173
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1)
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2)
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 3)
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 4)
- Martian Manhunter: American Secrets (Volume 1)
- Martian Manhunter Special #1
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (DCeased)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (DCeased)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (DCeased)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (DCeased)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.