J'onn J'onzz was a martian that was lured to Earth by the scientist Saul Erdel and held in captivity by the Outsider. While in the Outsider's possession, J'onzz was harshly experimented on and kept in a constant state of agony before being traded to the Russian government, who were trying to replicate their own version of America's Project Superman.
While under experimentation by the Russians, J'onzz broke free and escaped, bringing the former ruler of Kahndaq and fellow prisoner Black Adam with him. Together they fled back to Kahndaq where the Manhunter would one day kill Adam and usurp his power.
Wanting revenge on the Outsider for causing the misery in his life, J'onzz lured the man to Kahndaq and ambushed him in Black Adam's old castle. However, despite having the power advantage, the Manhunter was still trapped by one of the Outsider's devices that trapped the martian cross-dimensions and then slip him in half, killing him.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Vulnerability to Fire: J'onzz admits to overcoming his weakness for the most part, discovering that it was mostly psychosomatic.
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (Flashpoint Timeline)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (Flashpoint Timeline)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (Flashpoint Timeline)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (Flashpoint Timeline)