J'onn J'onzz is a bounty hunter and the last surviving resident of the planet mars. At some point after arriving on earth, he begins locating humans with extraordinary powers, founding a group called the Justice League. The members include himself using the alias Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash, Atom and Fire. When the terrorist, Weatherman begins attacking New Metro by manipulating the weather, J'onn uses his shapeshifting powers to impersonates a meteorologist named Dr. Eno in order to investigate. The JLA comes to believe it's a new metahuman cryokinetic named Tori Olafsdotter, but soon determine that she's innocent. When Fire's identity is in danger of being exposed by her co-worker, J'onn arrives on the scene disguised as Fire, claiming to know B.B. as a close friend and to have been lent the earrings. Weatherman discovers the JLA's headquarters and heats it up in an attempt to kill the JLA, but all of them escape except for Martian Manhunter, who is unaffected by the heat. They soon discover that the disaster was created by Dr. Eno. While Tori stops Weatherman from destroying the city with a tidal wave, Weatherman is Apprehended. J'onn and the other heroes offer Tori a costume and offer to let her join the team. She agrees and begins to use the codename "Ice".
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Justice League of America and is an adaptation of J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter. The original character was created by Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa and first appeared in Detective Comics #225.
- J'onn J'onzz was portrayed by David Ogden Stiers.
- When shape-shifted to be disguised as Bea da Costa and Weather Man, J'onzz was portrayed by Michelle Hurd and Miguel Ferrer.
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (Justice League Pilot)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (Justice League Pilot)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (Justice League Pilot)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (Justice League Pilot)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.