This page is similar in name to other pages.
- I'm Mars' sole survivor... there's a reason for that.
- — J'onn J'onzz src
J'onn J'onzz first appeared to Clark Kent in his Martian form when he saved him from an empowered Phantom Zone prisoner from behind the scene. Clark later finds him and before he asks who he is, J'onn flies away.
J'onn J'onzz again appeared in his public identity as John Jones when he helps Clark to break free from a mental illusion.
- Martian Physiology
- Superhuman Strength: Martian Manhunter has displayed strength similar to the level of Kryptonians.
- Flight: Martian Manhunter is well-practiced in using his abilities and has flown on the show various times. He is able to fly at speeds exceeding Earth's escape velocity (7 miles per second), as he flew to Mars and back in a matter of moments.
- Superhuman Speed: Martian Manhunter has rarely used his super speed. He instead uses his ability to fly as his primary source of traveling. However he quickly dissapears from Clark's barn more than once.
- Heat Vision: Martian Manhunter used this when he first made himself known to Clark by saving him from Aldar.
- Invulnerability: Martian Manhunter has been shown to possess invulnerability on some level but does not possess it as strong as native Kryptonians.
- Healing Factor: Martian Manhunter has the ability to heal himself from any wound, but has to leave Earth's atmosphere to do so, otherwise it does not work.
- Telepathy: Allows Martian Manhunter to communicate with other living beings mentally. He used this ability to save Clark from a phantom that took over his mind.
- Shapeshifting: Martian Manhunter has the ability to take on the appearance of others. He used this ability to briefly impersonate Amanda Waller.
- Superhuman Stamina
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of J'onn J'onzz. The original character was created by Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa and first appeared in Detective Comics #225.
- The Martian Manhunter was portrayed by Phil Morris. In "Checkmate" he was briefly portrayed by Pam Grier, posing as Amanda Waller.
- Although John does not appear, he is first called the "Martian Manhunter" in "Crimson" by Chloe Sullivan, in reference to the events of the previous episode, "Labyrinth".
- He has an obsession for Oreo cookies and is a vegetarian.
- He is both genetically and psychologically vulnerable to fire, as much as Clark is to Kryptonite.
- The multimedia Smallville parallel story, Justice and Doom, insinuates that John has been in contact with Doctor Virgil Swann since before 1987.
- The Martian Manhunter helped Jor-El to imprison Bizarro in the Phantom Zone.
- The Martian Manhunter banished Zor-El and his family from the House of El for an attempt to kill Jor-El.
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (Smallville)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.