In this story Batman's greatest rival, Ra's al Ghul continues his quest to save Earth from humanity by thinning the ranks of the human populace. But after being thwarted over and over again, Ra's seeks to distract Batman by stealing the bodies of his dead parents while he enacts his nefarious plot. And to insure that Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and the rest of the JLA do not interfere with his plans, he individually defeats each of the heroes using strategies developed by Batman himself. When the League learn of his betrayal, they look to expel the Dark Knight from their ranks.
This paperback starts with the JLA story Half a Mind to Save a World from JLA #42, which was originally published in June, 2000. This story was written by D. Curtis Johnson and illustrated by Mark Pajarillo and Walden Wong.
The paperback ends with the Superman and Batman story The Green Bullet (which was written by John Ostrander and illustrated by Ken Lashley and Ron Boyd), and the Wonder Woman and Aquaman story Revelations (which was written by Christopher Priest and illustrated by Eric Battle and Prentis Rollins). Both stories were originally published in JLA 80-Page Giant #1 in July, 1998.
This paperback collects the following comic books stories:
- JLA #42 (Half a Mind to Save a World)
- JLA #43 (Tower of Babel, Part 1: Survival of the Fittest)
- JLA #44 (Tower of Babel, Part 2: Seven Little Indians)
- JLA Secret Files and Origins #3 (Blame)
- JLA #45 (Tower of Babel, Part 3: Protected by the Cold)
- JLA #46 (Tower of Babel, Part 4: Harsh Words)
- JLA 80-Page Giant #1 (The Green Bullet and Revelations)
- No special notes.