"Inspiration": The Earth appears to have revolted against its inhabitants, and the Justice League surmises that Gaea, the Earth's essence, is not present. They soon discover that an Appellaxian is using the Earth as its battle form, and others are inhabiting statues and other mo
Appearing in "Inspiration"
- Justice League of America
- Gotham City
- Justice League Watchtower
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Synopsis for "Inspiration"
The Earth appears to have revolted against its inhabitants, and the Justice League surmises that Gaea, the Earth's essence, is not present. They soon discover that an Appellaxian is using the Earth as its battle form, and others are inhabiting statues and other monuments.
Reporter Tully Reed finds a girl on the streets, who is dazed and confused, unsure of who she is, and is determined to protect her amidst the chaos. As he does so, the Leaguers travel to the Appellaxian homeworld, where they discover that most of the Appellaxians repented of their warlike ways after their defeat at the hands of the original Justice League, and only the few reactionaries, led by one called Orkus, are attacking Earth. The other Appellaxians help the League to bring the reactionaries back to their home planet.
Back on Earth, the woman realizes who she is and the spirit of Gaea steps out from her dead body. She thanks Reed for protecting her and reminding her of humanity's inherent goodness, yet he still feels somewhat empty. After the Justice League return home, Gaia rewards Tully by putting a little of her essence into the body she had inhabited.
- This book was first published on December 28, 2001.
- No special notes.
- The cover of this issue is based on Justice League of America #9, which featured the first appearance of the Appellaxians.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Incarnations Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA Incarnations series
- Images from JLA Incarnations Vol 1 7