Appearing in "Time's Assassin"
- Black Canary
- Doctor Fate (Flashback and main story)
- Doctor Mid-Nite
- Flash (Jay Garrick) (Flashback and main story)
- Hawkgirl (Flashback and main story)
- Hourman (Flashback and main story)
- Mister Terrific
- Sand (Flashback and main story)
- Sentinel (Flashback and main story)
- Star-Spangled Kid (Flashback and main story)
- Wonder Woman (Hippolyta) (Flashback and main story)
- Metron (Flashback and main story)
- Nabu (Mentioned only)
- Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton) (alternate reality version)
- Extant (Flashback and main story)
- The Atom (Al Pratt) (Cover only) (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Dr. Mid-Nite (Charles McNider) (Cover only) (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Dove (Donald Hall) (Mentioned only)
- Dove (Dawn Granger) (Mentioned only)
- Hourman (Rex Tyler) (Cover only) (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Linear Men (Mentioned only)
- Kent Nelson (Mentioned only)
- New Gods (Mentioned only)
- End of Time (Mentioned only)
- New Earth
- Themyscira (Mentioned only)
- Vanishing Point (Mentioned only)
- Amulet of Anubis
- Cloak of Destiny
- Cosmic Converter Belt
- Cosmic Staff
- Helmet of Fate
- Mobius Chair
- Nth Metal
- Sandman's Gas Gun
Synopsis for "Time's Assassin"
The JSA travel through the Waves of Infinity with Metron. He explains how Extant stole his Mobius Chair in order to reassemble the Worlogog. He explains that Hourman was once the keeper of the ultimate chronal-artifact but he foolishly scattered it across the multi-verse thinking he was hiding it. He believes Extant plans on reshaping creation with the device, which is exactly what Hourman was afraid of happening.
Doctor Fate explains that Extant used to be a part of Hawk and Dove. A two-part team that balanced each other out the same way Chaos and Order did. However, when Dove died, Hawk went crazy with power and went through several identity changes. Each more powerful than the previous, and now he is the being Extant.
Metron explains he believes Extant will use the Mobius Chair to travel to the end of time, when the universe collapses on itself. He will then most likely use the Worlogog to reshape existence in his vision.
Metron recalls earlier events when himself and the JSA were suddenly attacked by Extant in his Mobius Chair. Extant gloated there was nowhere in the Timestream they could hide. Wonder Woman caught him off-guard as he attempted to shift time to make her become old. She was unaffected as she is immortal. She wounded him with her sword and Extant retreated though a time-portal.
Dr. Fate became worried and took off his helmet. He explained he could suddenly no longer hear Nabu and thus he would not be able to use his spells to track Extant. Metron said there may be another way to defeat him but was suddenly struck when Extant reappeared.
The JSA told Extent he couldn't just undo mistakes. Suddenly the Flash devolves into Jay Garrick and without access to the speed-force. Extent proved he could undo mistakes and erased the day Jay breathed in the fumes to become the flash, and permanently separated him from the speed force.
Hourman protected them with a status aura, that shifted the JSA members slightly out of time so Extant couldn't hurt them. Extant caused an explosion killing everyone except Metron and took off. Metron was still slightly out of time due to Hourman's aura, and used this opportunity to time jump to the current JSA.
In the present, Metron guides them to the new time wall that Extent has created. He warns them when they jump through, it will be what Extent has created, and they must undo his damage or their universe will cease to exist. Upon passing through, they witness a massive war occurring.
- This issue was reprinted in JSA Omnibus Vol. 1
- No trivia.