"The Return of Hawkman, Part 1 of 3: Ascension": On Thanagar, Hawkgirl and the Thanagarians are suddenly attacked by the Dark Wingmen. The Thanagarians give Kendra her weapons and she suddenly knows how to use them.
Appearing in "The Return of Hawkman, Part 1 of 3: Ascension"
- The Council (Mentioned only)
- Mordru (Behind the scenes)
- Onimar Synn (First appearance)
- Dawn Granger (green
Synopsis for "The Return of Hawkman, Part 1 of 3: Ascension"
At the JSA Headquarters, Doctor Fate argues with Doctor Mid-Nite about how to treat Lyta. Sand walks in and calms Fate down by having him remove his helmet. Fate agrees to help them and leave his wife with Mid-Nite.
The JSA track Kendra's trajectory to Thanagar. Rather than use modern technology, Dr. Fate offers them a short cut via his tower.
On the Sky City of Thalrassa, Synn tortures an abducted Thanargarian to reveal their plans before killing him.
- This story was reprinted in JSA: The Return of Hawkman.
- This issue was reprinted in JSA Omnibus Vol. 1.
- Black Adam is the first character to join this iteration of the JSA who is neither a post-Crisis version of a Golden Age hero who was in the Justice Society or a legacy hero related to a pre-Crisis member of the JSA.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA series
- Images from JSA Vol 1 23