"The Return of Hawkman, Part 3 of 3: Seven Devils": Hawkman and Hawkgirl continue to plummet to their death towards a desert on Thanagar. Hawkman makes a brazen move and breaks the rope connecting him with Hawkgirl. He dives towards
Synopsis for "The Return of Hawkman, Part 3 of 3: Seven Devils"
Hawkman and Hawkgirl continue to plummet to their death towards a desert on Thanagar. Hawkman makes a brazen move and breaks the rope connecting him with Hawkgirl. He dives towards the Dark Wingman and grabs one of their wings powered by Nth Metal. He swoops back and saves Hawkgirl at the last second from hitting the ground. Hawkgirl punches Hawkman for the risky move without explaining himself and he just smiles. He tells her she always had a strong right hook. Hawkgirl warns him they are starting from step one and their past incarnations' relationships don't count.
On Thalrassa, Mister Terrific, Flash and Doctor Fate are still imprisoned in a Nth Metal jail cell. Mr. Terrific tells Flash that he doesn't believe in reincarnation and religion was always a difficult subject for him to understand. Jay responds that it's okay they have different beliefs. Mr. Terrific analyses a weak-point in the cell and Flash breaks it even without the protective aura of the speed force.
Hawkman and Hawkgirl knock out guards and take their outfits. They sneak in and knock out Phade. Krypt is about to retaliate when Atom-Smasher breaks out from his inside after having been eaten by Krypt earlier. As Synn is about to flex his might, Black Adam returns and smashes into Synn, knocking him down to Thanagar.
Synn recovers and absorbs all the Nth Metal to grow in size. Atom Smasher also increases in size to battle him. As Synn takes the upper hand again, Hawkgirl and Hawkman combine their powers by sealing their energy together with a kiss. They then control the Claw of Horus which was absorbed by Synn as a part of his Nth Metal absorption. As he is weakened, Atom Smasher breaks Synn against his will.
Victorious, the JSA take Hawkman back to JSA Headquarters, He can't believe there's a museum on them and is awe of the new building and tries to understand their place in the new world. Sand explains that the people may look to the Titans and League as heroes, but the Titans and the League look at the JSA as inspiration.
Appearing in "The Return of Hawkman, Part 3 of 3: Seven Devils"
- Barry Allen (Mentioned only)
- Wesley Dodds (Mentioned only)
- Joan Garrick (Mentioned only)
- Paula Holt (Mentioned only)
- Hal Jordan (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Kalmoran (Mentioned only)
- Charles McNider (Mentioned only)
- Kyle Rayner (Mentioned only)
- Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane) (Statue only)
- Superman (Cameo)
- Johnny Thunder (Mentioned only)
- Teen Titans (Mentioned only)
- Tigress (Mentioned only)
- Wally West (Mentioned only)
- Avatar Dimension (Mentioned only)
- Sol system
- Polaris System
- JSA: Our Worlds at War #1 follows this issue
- This issue was reprinted in the trade paperback JSA: The Return of Hawkman, in JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 and in Justice Society of America: A Celebration of 75 Years.