Appearing in "Making Waves"
- Justice Society of America
- Doctor Mid-Nite (Charles McNider) (Mentioned only)
- Paula Holt (Mentioned only)
- Hal Jordan (Mentioned only)
- Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane) (Mentioned only)
- Obsidian (Mentioned only)
- Oracle (Mentioned only)
- Oliver Queen (Mentioned only)
- Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (Mentioned only)
- Wayne Enterprises (Mentioned only)
- Jessica Weintraub
- Stephen Weintraub (Mentioned only)
- Zatara (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Making Waves"
Shakedown's body and the crime scene indicate that he did not go down without a fight. Mid-Nite notes that he drowned though there is no water residue inside his lungs. They speculate that it may have been fellow Masters of Disaster member New Wave until they sense Batman watching from the shadows.
Batman assesses each of the members and gets a reading of them all before telling them that New Wave kidnapped the daughter of a software designer who, unbeknownst to New Wave, recently filed for bankrupcy.
Though Batman attempts to Bogart the case he is stopped by some of the more senior members and is convinced to allow the Society to join him. They arrive just in time to save the child and defeat New Wave though Batman escapes onto the rooftop, pursued by Mister Terrific and the two share a friendly moment, albeit brief.
Back inside the JSA Headquarters Sand admits his feelings for Hawkgirl to Hawkman and Black Canary quits the team, and leaves Doctor Mid-Nite. A worried Wildcat discovers her replacement...Power Girl.
- This book was first published on December 19, 2001.
- This issue was reprinted in the JSA: Fair Play collection and the JSA Omnibus Vol. 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Vol 1 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA series
- Images from JSA Vol 1 31
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.