Appearing in "Princes of Darkness Part 3: Enlightenment"
- Fate (In a vision)
- Kid Eternity (In a vision)
- Kent Nelson (In a vision)
- Inza Nelson (In a vision)
- Eric Strauss (In a vision)
- Linda Strauss (In a vision)
- Eclipso ((Possessing) Bruce Gordon)
- Mordru ((Possessing) Arion)
- Thorn (in Shadowlands)
- Atlas (Mentioned only)
- Pat Dugan (Mentioned only)
- Extant (Mentioned only)
- The Flash (Jay Garrick) (As merchandise only)
- Lyta Hall (Mentioned only)
- Hercules (Mentioned only)
- Hourman (Rick Tyler) (As merchandise only)
- Jade (Mentioned only)
- Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt) (As merchandise only)
- Power Girl (As merchandise only)
- Red Tornado (Ma Hunkel) (As merchandise only)
- Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (As merchandise only)
- The Shade (Cameo)
- Shazam (Mentioned only)
- Solomon (Mentioned only)
- Spectre (Jim Corrigan) (As merchandise only)
- Barbara Whitmore-Dugan (Mentioned only)
- Amulet of Dr. Fate (Inside)
- New Earth
- Amulet of Anubis
- Cloak of Destiny
- Cosmic Converter Belt
- Cosmic Staff
- Dream's Helm (In a vision)
- Helmet of Fate
- Heart of Darkness
Synopsis for "Princes of Darkness Part 3: Enlightenment"
While Stargirl is shocked that Captain Marvel is a kid, Billy is shocked to find he is unable to turn into Captain Marvel while in the Shadowlands. They encounter Thorn (Rose Canton), but decide that she is just a shadow created by Sentinel's nightmares. Billy small talks, and Courtney kisses him!
Inside the Amulet of Dr. Fate, Hector meets all the prior Doctor Fates and Kid Eternity. Nabu is quick to lecture Hector about how he screwed up by going to Gemworld. It is revealed to Hector that Mordru is currently possessing the body of a Lord of Order named Arion. He is told that he must liberate Arion's soul to defeat Mordru. He is also told that he needs to let go of his deceased wife, Lyta because she is not coming back. Hector then comes to find that this is all taking place in his head, and none of the Fates are really there. Nabu still remains, as his fate was intertwined with the amulet by the Lords of Order as a punishment, because he “dared to divine what it was that made – people human.”
Back in the Shadowlands, Stargirl deduces that Sentinel must be at the Statue of Liberty, because Alan had told her before it's a beacon of light. She and Billy reach it to find that Sentinel is dead, and that the Shade has recovered the body!
- This book was first published on May 14, 2003.
- This issue was reprinted in JSA Omnibus Vol. 2 and Shazam!: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Vol 1 48 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA series
- Images from JSA Vol 1 48