Appearing in "The Living Must Answer!"
- Atom (Al Pratt) (As a spirit)
- Batman (Earth-Two) (As a spirit)
- Joan Garrick
- Ma Hunkel
- Jade (As a spirit)
- Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane) (As a spirit)
- Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (As a spirit)
- Gentleman Ghost (Flashback and main story)
- United Kingdom (17th Century) (Flashback only)
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Living Must Answer!"
Courtney Whitmore practices driving with her mother when the Gentleman Ghost appears to terrorize them. Stargirl can't do anything to interact with the spirit but Power Girl arrives on the scene and finds that she can somehow, forcing the villain to retreat and leaving her holding a pile of old rags.
Mister Terrific analyzes the garments but can't figure out what the Ghost is or why he is cryptically attacking the JSA and their loved ones. Doctor Mid-Nite attends to the ailing Green Lantern Alan Scott but there's nothing he can do to improve his teammate's critical condition. Jakeem Thunder investigates first-hand by having Thunderbolt take him to the realm of the dead. Ghosts populate New York City, including several former JSA members and Batman from Earth-Two, whom Jakeem doesn't recognize. Batman informs Jakeem that only someone born of noble blood can stop the Ghost and only in his homeland of England.
With the barrier between living and dead weakened, Jade sees her father lying in a hospital bed and urges him to recover with a kiss good bye. As she vanishes from the mortal plane, her father starts to stir.
- This book was first published on May 3, 2006.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Vol 1 85 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA series
- Images from JSA Vol 1 85
Links and References
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.