- Don't tell me you've demolished another one?
- — Jack Edison src
Jack was trapped in a burning car wreck when a stunt went badly wrong, and was pulled to safety by the Caped Crusader. Feeling that he owed Batman a great debt, Jack offered his services as an engineer in return, and became entrusted with the task of hand-building new Batmobiles whenever one is destroyed in the course of crimefighting.
- Mechanical Engineering: Besides building several models of the Batmobile, Jack also converted Dan Cassidy's vehicle into the Devilmobile overnight with the help of James Jesse.
- Driving: Jack was a professional stunt driver.
- Batmobile blueprints
- This version of Jack Edison, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Jack Edison did make one post-Crisis appearance, in Blue Devil #21. However, this was in the period before Batman #400, when pre-Crisis Batman characters briefly existed in the post-Crisis universe.
- Jack has his very own set of Batmobile blueprints, which were entrusted to him by Batman.
- An expert engineer, Jack enjoys working out improvements to add to each new replacement Batmobile.
- It takes about a week for Jack to build a Batmobile, which he then has shipped to Gotham City Pier 64 for Batman and Robin to collect.
- It's unclear exactly how many Batmobiles Jack has built.
- 2 Appearances of Jack Edison (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Jack Edison (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jack Edison (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jack Edison (Earth-One)