Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Wild Dog is a vigilante protecting Quad Cities.
A former football star and soldier turned mechanic, Jack Wheeler saw the love of his life struck down in front of him, leading him to become the vigilante known as Wild Dog. He protected his home town of the Quad Cities from cults, gangs and crime. He eventually met fellow adventurer Cave Carson, and the pair swiftly became good friends. Wild Dog aided Carson in his campaign to protect the underground city of Muldroog from the company EBX.
Powers and Abilities
- Wild Dog was created by Max Allan Collins and Terry Beatty, first appearing in Wild Dog #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Wild Dog first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #1 by Gerard Way, Jon Rivera, and Michael Avon Oeming.
- Wild Dog once disdainfully described Cave Carson as a "registered Democrat" implying that he himself is politically right-wing.
- 16 Appearances of Jack Wheeler (Prime Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Jack Wheeler (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jack Wheeler (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jack Wheeler (Prime Earth)