Jack Woods was a Texas Ranger that lived and had his earliest adventures during the final years of the "Old West", before the U.S. entry into World War I, circa 1916-17.
In Mexico, he encountered, and got the better of, the infamous outlaw Pancho Villa, during the part of of Villa's career when he was hunted by Mexican Federales and U.S. General "Blackjack" Pershing's troops.
There are lengthy gaps in Woods' history, and some of his adventures took place in the 1930s.
- Colt six-guns; Winchester rifles; lariats
- This version of Jack Woods, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- As the cover feature of the first National comic book ever published, New Fun Comics #1, Jack Woods is the very first DC Comics hero.
- Jack's adventures ran from New Fun Comics #1 to More Fun Comics #35 then from Adventure Comics #39 to #42.
- 43 Appearances of Jack Woods (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Jack Woods (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jack Woods (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Jack Woods (Earth-Two)