Sometime between the fall of Superman's regime and the invasion of Brainiac, the young adult Jaime Reyes became connected to the mysterious Blue Beetle Scarab, giving him immeasurable power in the form of his Blue Beetle super suit. The new hero came into contact with Batman, attempting to clean up, who recruited him as an ally.
When Brainiac began his invasion of the Earth, Blue Beetle and his fellow new-hero Firestorm were assigned to protect Superman in his red sun prison from Brainiac's forces. However, Brainiac wasn't the problem they had to deal with, instead having to fend off Wonder Woman and Black Adam from freeing Superman to help save the Earth. Though the two heroes managed to fend off the attackers for awhile, they were eventually forced to concede when Batman arrived and agreed to free Superman for the good of the Earth.
Now assigned to fight Brainiac's forces, Firestorm and Blue Beetle were abducted by the alien and used as telekinetic pawns by Gorilla Grodd to find the Rock of Eternity, the magical artifact the heroes planned to use to destroy Brainiac's ship. When Aquaman defeated and killed Gorilla Grodd, Blue Beetle's mind was restored, and he returned to the fight, leading to Brainiac's eventual downfall. 
Possible Post-Brainiac Attack
This section of history takes place in a timeline outside that of normal Injustice: Gods Among Us history. Information here does not reflect the true history of neither the Injustice: Gods Among Us universe nor the Injustice: The Regime universe, and should not be seen as relevant to future sequels or comic adaptations.
"Oh man - dude! - I cannot even describe what it felt like! Sure, I was just the newb in the crew. But, like, you'd think I'd ever let Brainiac kill Batman and, what, blow up the world? ¡No manches! When it was over, Batman was all - 'The world is safe thanks to you, Jaime. I'd like to make you leader of the new Justice League, if that's cool with you.' Wow, that was a really tempting offer, y'know?
But if there's one thing better than saving Batman, it's saving mi familia. I haven't been around 'em much since I got the Scarab. So for now, I'm moving home and going back to school. And if this so called 'normal' life doesn't work out? There's always the Justice League."
- In his fight intros, Jaime shows attraction to Supergirl, likely because they're around the same age; however, he also is mesmerized by Ivy's beauty.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle. The original character was created by Keith Giffen, John Rogers, and Cully Hamner and first appeared in Infinite Crisis #3.
- Blue Bettle was voiced by Antony Del Rio.
- 20 Appearances of Jaime Reyes (Injustice: The Regime)
- 7 Images featuring Jaime Reyes (Injustice: The Regime)
- Quotations by or about Jaime Reyes (Injustice: The Regime)
- Character Gallery: Jaime Reyes (Injustice: The Regime)