Jall Tannuz aka Chameleon Chief can change his shape and also change the shape of things he touches. He is a member of the Legion of Super-Villains and has battled the Legion of Superheroes on numerous times. He has in the past claimed that he was not a Durlan but over time this has proven to be false.
- Durlan Physiology: Jall is a Durlan, a race of alien beings that can shape-shift at any time for any length of time with little limitation on size or shape. As such her physiology is in constant flux and he hardly takes his original orange Durlan form.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Unlike Chameleon Boy, Jall is not only able to change his own shape at will, but the shape of other objects too. Jall can break down and reapply subatomic particles as well as break up the molecular structure of elements and rearrange them. To do this the element must know the exact elemental makeup of the object or human.
- Power Limitation: Jall is limited to the physical capabilities of the form he takes. For instance, he cannot gain Kryptonian enhanced cells. However, he can fly like a bird and/or sting like a bee.
- Chameleon Chief (adult) appeared first in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #63.
- Chameleon Chief (teenage) appeared first in Superboy #208.
- Legion of Super-Heroes Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- The Legion (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- 24 Appearances of Jall Tannuz (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 2 Images featuring Jall Tannuz (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Jall Tannuz (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Jall Tannuz (Pre-Zero Hour)
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.