When Batman started operating in Gotham, Gordon was the only one who trusted the Dark Knight, to the point that he defended Batman from Detective Bullock's accusations, even when all the evidence pointed Batman as the responsible of several crimes. However, Gordon was proven right when Batman captured the real responsible, Man-Bat.
Shortly after, Gordon was witness of the hearing from Internal Affairs, concerning a bust gone wrong. Bullock, Montoya and a rookie were involved and suspended for failing to capture the criminals. Gordon reinstated them back to the force once the criminals where captured and the money recovered.
Some time later, Gordon organized a successful raid to capture a great faction of Thorne's gang under Harvey Dent's instructions. However, Gordon was forced to stop Dent from attacking one of the suspects after Dent lost his temper.
As the Police Commissioner, Gordon was the target of many of the most dangerous criminals in Gotham. Joker kidnapped Gordon on Christmas Eve and he tried to kill him during a ceremony in his honor. Later, Gordon was captured by H.A.R.D.A.C., who created a robot duplicant of him. He was framed for corruption by Gil Mason and Two-Face and he was also trapped in a virtual reality world by The Riddler.
- Expert Marksman: Even to his late age, James Gordon was an expert marksman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Commissioner Gordon. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- Commissioner Gordon was voiced by Bob Hastings.
- Throughout his appearances in the DCAU, Gordon never drove a car. He relied on Bullock or Montoya (who drove like a maniac) as drivers mostly.
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: I Am the Night
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Shadow of the Bat, Part I
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Shadow of the Bat, Part II
- 174 Appearances of James Gordon (DCAU)
- 5 Images featuring James Gordon (DCAU)
- 10 Quotations by or about James Gordon (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (DCAU)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.