James Gordon was the police commissioner of Gotham City during the 1930s and into the 1940s, when his job was turned over to his son Tony. He helped Batman and Robin solve cases together, eventually realizing Batman's secret identity as Bruce Wayne. In the early 1950s, he served Wayne as a member of the Wayne Foundation that sent him all around the world -- until he was made a prisoner of Ra's al Ghul, the "Head of the Demon", and then later escaped, arriving at the Wayne Manor in 1953 barely alive in order to tell Wayne about what he found. He managed to live up to 100 years old in retirement with his granddaughter Barbara Gordon, who became Batgirl, watching over him.
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 3 Appearances of James Gordon (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring James Gordon (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about James Gordon (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (Earth-3839)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.