Jim Gordon was the police commissioner of Gotham City and a close ally of the Batman.
James Gordon was the police commissioner of Gotham City. He was killed by the Joker when the clown set in motion a plan to terrorize Gotham and drive Batman insane. The Joker planted a booby-trap in his notebook, causing his face to be melted by acid before dying.
Powers and Abilities
- James Gordon was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, first appearing in Detective Comics #27. However, the Earth -22 version of James Gordon first appeared in Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Tony S. Daniel.
- Though Gordon himself wouldn't appear until Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1, his death was mentioned as early as The Batman Who Laughs #1 two years earlier.
- 1 Appearances of James Gordon (Earth -22)
- 3 Images featuring James Gordon (Earth -22)
- Quotations by or about James Gordon (Earth -22)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (Earth -22)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.