- I presume you have guessed that the secret of this machine is - radium.
- — Doctor Death src
Dr. James Kirk once worked at City Hospital, but resigned to set up a private practice in a small town. He stole $350,000 worth of radium from the hospital, endangering hundreds of patients, and left behind a taunting note, which he signed as "Doctor Death". He used this radium to power his experimental "Life Machine."
An aggressive investigative reporter, Scoop Smith, suspected Kirk was behind the theft, and paid him a visit. Kirk resolved to test the machine on Smith, and first to murder Smith with cyanide gas. There was a fracas, and two of Kirk's assistants were killed instead of Smith. He tested his life machine on them, and it worked! The two thugs were alive again.
Kirk ended that day in police custody, and the stolen radium was returned to City Hospital.
He knows how to restore the dead to life.
Life Machine, radium-powered, can restore the dead to life.
Death Machine, cyanide pellets dropped into sulfuric acid, produce lethal gas.
- This version of Doctor Death, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of James Kirk (Earth-S)
- Images featuring James Kirk (Earth-S)
- 1 Quotations by or about James Kirk (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: James Kirk (Earth-S)