By 1978, Jimmy Olsen had gotten a job as a photographer at the Daily Planet, where he became friends with reporters Lois Lane and Clark Kent. He accompanied Lois on an assignment to California, when Lex Luthor nuked the San Andreas Fault and almost destroyed all of California. However, Jimmy's life was saved by Superman.
Sometime after that, Jimmy was assigned to follow Clark Kent to Smallville, Kansas and cover Kent's high school reunion. However, during the ride there, their bus was stopped near a fire at a chemical plant. Wanting to cover the fire for the paper, Jimmy climbed up on the ladder of a fire engine, to get some shots. However, he fell off it and hurt his leg. He almost burned to death but was once more saved by Superman. Having broken his leg, Jimmy had to return to Metropolis.
While Superman was away on a peacekeeping mission, Jimmy decided to pay a visit to Lois Lane's younger sister, Lucy. The two began a relationship and joined a small group, that tried to fight back against the witch Selena, but were captured. However, they were saved by Supergirl.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Donnerverse franchise and is an adaptation of Jimmy Olsen. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #6.
- Jimmy Olsen was portrayed by Marc McClure in the five Donnerverse Superman movies from Superman to Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
- Jimmy Olsen is the only character to appear in all five films in the Donnerverse.
- 6 Appearances of James Olsen (Donnerverse)
- 2 Images featuring James Olsen (Donnerverse)
- Quotations by or about James Olsen (Donnerverse)
- Character Gallery: James Olsen (Donnerverse)
Daily Planet Staff member