- I knew but one thing... that I knew nothing. Courage is strange. We all hope we have it, but few are truly tested. Although my sister certainly passed. But what of me? It was a question I asked myself many times as I pondered when and where my twin and I might meet. It was a brisk afternoon at sea, late in the summer, when I found the answer.
- — Jason src
When Jason's mother, Hippolyta, found out she was pregnant with Zeus' children, she felt that one of them would be male. She contacted Glaucus, one of the Argonauts, and asked him to take care of the boy in order to escape Hera's jealous wrath, as hiding a boy on the island of Themyscira would be next to impossible.
Just before she died, Myrina—an Amazon assassin and mother of Grail, Darkseid's daughter—told Wonder Woman that the night she was born, the Queen of the Amazons bore another child right after Diana, and that it was a boy.
Myrina didn't know what had happened to him, but she said he was the true Chosen One. Diana inquired further and asked what he was chosen for, but Myrina died before she could explain any further.
Jason was working as a fisherman on a fishing boat in the Aegean Coast, Greece, when he was found by Wonder Woman. She discovered his location from a message in Hercules' last will and testament, which left all his possessions, including Jason's secret, to his half-sister, Diana. When Diana and Jason met, first of all they felt that they were deeply connected, immediately recognizing their sibling ties.
However, it would not be long before Jason revealed his jealousy for his sister, who was raised as princess of Themyscira and became known throughout the world as Wonder Woman, while he was forced to hide his existence from the world, living as a fisherman among the mortal. Still, he disobeyed his adopted father by engaging in battles against powerful enemies from the shadows, risking to be discovered. Because of this feeling, Jason sided with Grail and betrayed Diana, revealing his hatred for her.
Then we learn more about Jason's story: how he came to live with Glaucus, how he discovered his powers by himself as a child and, at that moment, Glaucus told him about his real parents and that he had a sister; of how he was trained by Hercules, his paternal half brother, on the warrior's path, and, as a short time later, Glaucus left and left him alone when he realized that the boy had grown up and no longer needed his raising, leaving him a new fishing boat as a farewell gift. Now lonely in the world, Jason dedicated himself to living as a fisherman, but also to enjoying life; likewise, his challenges were becoming greater, as when he faced the Deep Six alone, which was sent by Darkseid after him.
The loneliness he felt made it easier for Grail to bring him to her side, lying to him when she said that she did not kill Hercules and his other brothers and sisters to absorb the energy of Zeus in them for her father, Darkseid. Having taken Diana as a prisoner to the Amazon Jungle, the latter explained to Jason the truth about Grail's murder of Zeus's children, and, seeing her suffer fighting Grail and Darkseid together, Jason repented and turned to his sister's side. At that moment they were surprised by the arrival of Diana's lawyer, Mr. Blake Hooper, who turned out to be Zeus himself.
However, Darkseid's real goal was to defeat Zeus himself to absorb his power and return to the powerful status of before he was defeated by the Justice League, while hunting and killing his children was bait to lure him. Zeus was killed by Darkseid, leaving Diana in a rage for failing to defeat him before he and Grail left, and Jason was overcome with remorse for his betrayal.
- Divine Empowerment: As a demigod, Jason possesses several superhuman powers.
- Density Control: Jason can alter his physical state into a gaseous form, allowing objects and even Darkseid's Omega Beams to pass harmlessly through him.
- Divine Energy Generation: Due to being the son of Zeus, Jason has incredible control over the supernatural divine energy of the Olympian Gods, which he usually emits through his destructively powerful energy blasts and explosions, capable of wounding Darkseid himself.
- Healing Jason possesses the unique ability to healing himself and/or others from their physical injuries through force of will.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- Weather Manipulation
- Aerokinesis: Drawing from Zeus' dominion of the sky, Jason has a special affinity with the element of air. Using this, he can sense the flow of the tides or generate enough air pressure to create a tsunami or a storm.
- Electrokinesis: Due to being the son of Zeus, Jason is able to summon, create and manipulate bolts of lightning. He has also been shown to summon lightning bolts from the sky, as well as cause fierce lightning storms and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Jason was trained in sparring by his half-brother Hercules.
- Spear Proficiency
- Zeus' Armor: Zeus created a suit of armor to be used in the fight against the Dark Gods. Although it was intended for Wonder Woman, the other Greek gods chose to bequeath the armor to Jason, bonding it to him on a physical and spiritual level. The armor allowed Jason to harness the power of any member of the Greek pantheon, but only one at any given time.
- Fire of Hephaestus
- Power of Ares
- Power of Artemis, the Hunter
- Power of Demeter, the Seeker
- Power of Dolos: Dolos, God of Lies, is the Greek personification of deception, trickery and guile.
- Power of Hercules
- Power of Hestia, Goddess of Family: He can steel the connection between relatives.
- Power of Morpheus, God of Sleep
- Power of Peitho, God(dess) of Persuasion
- Speed of Hermes
- Wisdom of Athena: Seeing with "Athena's eyes", Jason can learn and discover things he did not know before.
- Fishing Boat: Glaucus left him a new fishing boat as a farewell gift.
- Hippolyta's Spear: Hippolyta bequeathed to Jason an enchanted spear. Designed by Artemis and forged by Hephaestus, it was said to be unbreakable. Jason named the spear "Polly" after his mother, and it can appear and disappear out of nowhere if he wills it to.
- Diana once asked Jason if he had a wife, girlfriend or boyfriend, to which he replied that he had lovers. He was later seen having fun with women, until, on his return from the Dark Multiverse, it was revealed that he lived with a man on the Aegean Coast.
- 24 Appearances of Jason (Prime Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Jason (Prime Earth)
- 7 Quotations by or about Jason (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jason (Prime Earth)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wonder Woman #758
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Justice League (Volume 2) #50
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #32
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #34
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #35
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #36
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #37
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #45
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #40
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #39
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #42
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #47
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #49
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #48
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #50
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #46
|Wonder Woman Family member|