Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- I could give in to the fear and run away...But that's just it...fear is easy. Hope is hard...and I'm always up for a challenge!
- — The Flash src
Battling the Legion of Doom
Jay and the rest of the Society encounter John Stewart and Barry Allen. Jay expresses surprise about their being another Flash. He, the other society, John and Barry go to Pearl Harbor, shortly before is attacked by the Japanese. He and his allies battle the Legion of Doom and the Japanese forces under their control, before Aquaman shows up.
When Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne raced through the Timestream after Eobard Thawne, Jay attempted to call out to Barry from inside the Speed Force. After finally getting Barry's attention, Jay was able to break through and use his speed to get Barry, Bruce, and himself out of the timestream and back on Earth.
After getting back on Earth, Jay began slowly fading back into the Speed Force. He introduced himself to Barry, who had no idea who he was, trying to get him to remember him, as he did with Wally West. Jay told Barry that someone took everything from him and he didn't know why. Just before fully fading back into the Speed Force, Barry grabbed Jay's arm and attempted to save him from fading away, although just as he grabbed him, Jay was teleported away by a blinding blue light.
It was revealed that the Justice Society of America had been erased from history due to Dr. Manhattan causing Alan Scott's death. Since Scott was the major lynchpin behind creating the JSA, his death meant the group never existed in the first place.
Dr. Manhattan however undid his actions after getting inspired by Superman, causing Scott to survive and becoming a superhero, restoring the JSA along with Garrick back into the timeline. The team came to assist Superman in stopping the metahuman battle in Washington, D.C.
As a result of the altered timeline Wonder Woman became the world's first superhero and tried to inspire Garrick, who was amidst an existential crisis, to do more to help people by fighting the Nazis in Europe. While facing Thinker, he heard a mysterious voice that warned everyone will forget him. After defeating Thinker, he realized that he was meant to become part of something bigger.
- Speed Force Conduit: Jay possesses a connection to the Speed Force, a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of Jay's physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Superhuman Speed: Jay is capable of moving at incredible superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Jay possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Agility: Jay's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jay's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak.
- Speed Force Aura: Jay's body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", a field of kinetic absorbent energy that protects him and anyone who is running with or carried by him from the rigorous effects of using his speed. Including friction, airborne particulate matter, heavy impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Thanks to his protective Speed Force aura, Jay is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Electrokinesis: As a conduit of the Speed Force, Jay's body generates large amounts of the electrical energy that he draws from the Speed Force. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of him, especially when moving at superhuman speed.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Jay enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned to his reaction speed.
- Time Travel: Jay is able to use his speed to travel throughout the timestream. He used this ability to bring Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne out of hypertime and back in time before they had entered the timestream.
- The Flash was created by Harry Lampert and Gardner Fox, first appearing in Flash Comics #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity The Flash first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Flash (Volume 5) #22 by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter.
- 17 Appearances of Jason Garrick (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Jason Garrick (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jason Garrick (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jason Garrick (Prime Earth)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
Justice Society of America member