Jason Hart was a student that went to a normal high school; he was a good student and good in sports. Everything was okay until the day that he discovered that his little cousin named Ted had tried drugs and apparently he was quickly becoming an addict.
Jason Hart would tell his family about this in an attempt to to get Ted off drugs. Although the family talked to Ted, he did not care about what they said.
Jason Hart remembered that his little cousin was obsessed with comic books, so he took a hero costume and the codename of the "Protector". Hart hoped that as a superhero Ted would listen to him and quit drugs.
However the Protector was forced to battle drug dealers to save his cousin. Soon after that, Nightwing learned about this incident and decided to make Jason Hart an honorary member of the Teen Titans due to his great sense of right and wrong and how he defended the innocents from the criminals. Nightwing didn't stop there though, he also decided to train Jason in terms of hand to hand combat to make him able to become a real superhero if he wanted.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Protector was actually created to replace Robin in a PSA comic due to licensing conflicts; his debut issue was sponsored by Keebler, but Robin was licensed to Nabisco at the time.
- 6 Appearances of Jason Hart (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Jason Hart (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jason Hart (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jason Hart (New Earth)