Copy Edit Needed
Mala was imprisoned in the Phantom Zone after she and Jax-Ur committed an act of treason. Jax-Ur took full responsibility. Mala was only following orders. She was given a 20 year sentence. Superman found a phantom zone projector. He saw Mala who had served her sentence and asked for her release. Superman "paroled" her. Mala promised to aid superman in fighting for justice. She grew hostile not regarding human life. She was angered by Superman loving Lois Lane rather than her. Mala broke her promise. She then freed Jax-Ur. Together they rampaged Metropolis. The two fought Superman who outsmarted them by sending them back to the phantom zone. Mala would soon break out of the phantom zone. Alongside with Jax-Ur they took over a planet and were planning to wage war on Earth. Superman found out and foiled their plans.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Jax-Ur possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Jax-Ur's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Jax-Ur can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Jax-Ur's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Jax-Ur's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Jax-Ur can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Jax-Urs can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Jax-Ur can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Jax-Ur is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Jax-Ur is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jax-Ur is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Jax-Ur's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Jax-Ur is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Jax-Ur is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Jax-Ur possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Red Solar Energy
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Jax-Ur. The original character was created by Otto Binder and George Papp and first appeared in Adventure Comics #289.
- Jax-Ur was voiced by Ron Perlman.
- 16 Appearances of Jax-Ur (DCAU)
- 3 Images featuring Jax-Ur (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Jax-Ur (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Jax-Ur (DCAU)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."