Jaxon the Mighty was the leader of a tribe of degraded, primitive humans in the 30th Century of Earth-AD, as well as a probable descendant of the 20th Century hero Superman, known to his people as "The Mighty One."
Jaxon recovered Superman's Costume from the domain of the man-gorillas and vowed to return it to none save its original legendary wearer, were he ever to return to their benighted world. Little did Jaxon realize that the costume was deposited in his timeline and era by Green Lantern Xenofobe, the native of an alternate 30th Century timeline. Xenofobe stole the costume off Superman himself in the late 20th Century of Earth-One, using the guise of a time-based gimmick-villain "Father Time," and counted on that Superman would trace the location of the costume at the Fortress of Solitude through the homing-beacon in his Justice League Signal Device. True enough, Superman detected it in Jaxon's future and traveled through time to retrieve it. Jaxon interpreted Superman's approach as a threat to his authority and attacked the Man of Steel with intent to kill for the right to bear the standard of the S. Superman and Jaxon were evenly matched, however, as Superman's invulnerability could withstand Jaxon's super-strong blows and vice versa. Each time the two combatants connected, lifelike images of Metropolis as it was in the 20th century would fade in and out of view. Eventually, Jaxon concluded from Superman's awesome power and his knowledge of events from the past possessed only by the tribe's priest-elders that Superman was indeed the Mighty One. Never having expected the day to pass when the Mighty One actually returned, Jaxon nevertheless returned the costume and bowed before Superman in his humility, with the rest of his tribe. Then, Superman suddenly flashed back to his own era. Xenofobe then revealed himself and informed Superman that he engineered the series of events to counteract an attempt by the Time Trapper to erase all other future timelines with the accumulated power-ring energies of the entire Green Lantern Corps.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Jaxon the Mighty possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Jaxon the Mighty's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Jaxon the Mighty can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Jaxon the Mighty's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Jaxon the Mighty's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Jaxon the Mighty can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Jaxon the Mightys can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Jaxon the Mighty can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Jaxon the Mighty is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Jaxon the Mighty is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jaxon the Mighty is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Jaxon the Mighty's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Jaxon the Mighty is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Jaxon the Mighty is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Jaxon the Mighty can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- A sword
- 1 Appearances of Jaxon (Earth-AD)
- 2 Images featuring Jaxon (Earth-AD)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jaxon (Earth-AD)
- Character Gallery: Jaxon (Earth-AD)